I can not start DBMS. I uninstall and install many times but I can not run it. Please helps me

Some warn in my log file:
[2023-04-02 14:24:46.704] [warn] Failed to read installed 'neo4j-bloom', will replace with bundled distribution Error: Graph-App[neo4j-bloom] does not contain package.json
at getLocalMetadata (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:3878:15)
at async newerGraphAppVersion (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:3244:22)
at async C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:5232:36
at async Promise.all (index 0)
at async loadResource (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:5227:32)
at async C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:5293:21
at async webpack_modules.9680.exports.default (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:5308:5)
at async App. (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:13055:9)
[2023-04-02 14:24:46.707] [warn] Failed to read installed 'neo4j-browser', will replace with bundled distribution Error: Graph-App[neo4j-browser] does not contain package.json
at getLocalMetadata (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:3878:15)
at async newerGraphAppVersion (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:3244:22)
at async C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:5232:36
at async Promise.all (index 1)
at async loadResource (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:5227:32)
at async C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:5293:21
at async webpack_modules.9680.exports.default (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:5308:5)
at async App. (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:13055:9)

at async Promise.all (index 0)
at async __webpack_modules__.9680.exports.default (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:5308:5)
at async App.<anonymous> (C:\Users\quan0\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:13055:9)

[2023-04-02 15:52:32.194] [warn] Failed to read installed 'neo4j-browser', will replace with bundled distribution Error: Graph-App[neo4j-browser] does not contain package.json
at async Promise.all (index 1)
[2023-04-02 15:52:32.195] [info] Will copy [ 'neo4j-bloom-2.6.1.tar.gz', 'neo4j-browser-5.4.0.tar.gz' ]

Could it be a permission problem? I.e. installed with admin and now running with regular user?

Which windows version do you have?

Could you share the full desktop log?

My windows version is win 10 pro

I don't know a permission! When I downloaded in the neo4J website, it provided for me file Neo4j Desktop Setup 1.5.7.exe.

I started it and filled Neo4j Desktop Activation Key, then I press "Start" button to start movie database, it show the screen above.

I cannot show full the desktop log because this post limited me 32000 words

many thanks!

In the first question, i posted a part of my log file in desktop. I found a err which has [errorr] or [warn]. then copied and pasted in my first post quest

The full log would still be helpful for the team to identify the root cause.

What about my other questions :)

How can i give you my log file? the system didn't allow me to post this.

I installed the most usual way, the same way that I was instructed when accessing Neo4J's docs. I download neo4j desktop as a normal person, not rights at all. It is an exe file and I opened it following the process

Per michael it may be a permission issue. Try this:

Step 1: Go to c:\Program Files\Neo4j Desktop.
Step 2: Right click on Neo4j Desktop, select properties
Step 3: Select 'Security' tab. On that select USERS
Step 4: Click on Edit button and select USERS
Step 5: In the Permission check the Allow Full Control box
Step 6: Click on Apply button at the bottom.

Finally, starts the Neo4j Desktop application.

I followed your instructions, but it still doesn't work display the screen as I posted on the question

In Windows 10 I tried and this worked. In Windows 11, I found that I had to apply the same permissions on c:\users\your user name\ .Neo4jDesktop folder tome it work. In Windows 11. I didn't apply the changes to c:\Program Files \Neo4j Desktop folder.

my laptop is windows 10 and your instruction didn't work

After I created the 5.6 DBMS on Windows 10 it timed out when I attempted to start it.

Then I tried starting it again and it started.

This is a longshot, but can you try adding this to the settings for the DBMS:

dbms.pagecache_warmup_enabled=false

I also did the same exercise in Windows 10 and 11 and in both cases got the red error. I followed the steps that I posted before and everything started to work properly!

which version you downloaded?

I used Desktop v 1.5.7

Where did you install it on your computer?

I didn't select any path and allowed it to install. It installs in c:\Program Files and the project files will be in c:\users\your user name\ .Neo4jDesktop folder. In your installation, select Open folder and select DBMS. When you see that window you can select the folder path and give the user full control permission.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19tHhqIwijnjxnTQNR8eSi3GkIOqnP2jx?usp=sharing

Here is my log file. Help me, pls. Many thanks !

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19tHhqIwijnjxnTQNR8eSi3GkIOqnP2jx?usp=sharing

Here is my log file. Help me, pls.