I've had this same wrestle. He's what I did to get to the promised land.
I have a work machine, I'm admin on it and run a local copy...but it's on my work domain too. That's my SWAG as to why, no matter how I tried (outside of a complete reinstall), nada worked and I got that error too.
I had this issue on my own machine as well but no domain membership. But a simple update didn't work. Note that in the past, it had run Neo on that machine with a valid Enterprise Bloom key. So, after some frustrations, trying a download and a new Desktop key and nada, I completely cleaned Neo off that machine; saved off the databases I wanted to recreate; then installed the latest desktop download and BOOM, er...Bloom! Worked as stated.
But yes, it was not so smooth. I've updated some folks @NEO so maybe they'll help. I'm not going to do all this on my work machine, but will remain curious if a complete clean/replace would do the trick or if being a client on a domain, confuses the install process.
But it's real and thanks for pointing it out. Maybe this will help. If ya can, just "get out of the car, walk around, and get back in"