When will Neo4j Aura Support Version 4.0

Any timeline or update on when Neo4j 4.0 will be available via Aura? The prior threads I found suggested sometime in the New Year but it much have been delayed.

Specifically. I am intersted in the Multi Tenancy possibilities and simplifying my code base by removing the label per tenant work around I have used thus far.

Thanks
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest in Neo4j Aura. Neo4j 4 will be available on Aura in the near future, however there are some features that will not be enabled. Multi-database is one of those for the simple reason that the same end result can be achieved by using multiple, small Aura databases.

As part of that, we are also working on an API to programmatically create and delete databases within Aura, so that you don't have to go to the console each time to accomplish this. This should be available later this year.

Cory

Hi Cory,

Thanks for replying. It's disappointing to hear that Aura won't be getting the full features. I'd always assumed that the Aura would be the front and centre rather than the poorer subling. I appreciate your answer though as it allows me to get in with some alternatives.

BTW, I really don't agree that creating seperate DBs has the same effect at all. It's just a workaround to the missing feature set. One that would quickly become expensive and with SaaS mean I'd be paying for a lot of idle DB. J could always do that with the Neo4j and GCP before version 4.0 anyways.

Back to GCP again for me unfortunately.

Best
Michael

Hi Michael,

We understand, and I'll share your feedback with our product team. Feedback from customers is the best tool we have to add improvements over time.

Cory