Neo4j Desktop UI is not coming up

Hi

I had Neo4j Desktop up and working on my laptop using a old username

recently my laptop was migrated to be logged in using different username on different active directory tenant account.

since then, I see several processes are opened in backend when i start neo4j Desktop but UI is not coming up.

i get two different errors in the log,
in below, the first error it is trying to make directory on my previous username user folder under c:/user.
that folder is already renamed but the Neo4j desktop it is still referring to old name

after migration, My .Neo4jDEsktop folder is located under C:\Users\z004mdvc.Neo4jDesktop

[2023-03-21 13:09:16.729] [error] App initialization error Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, mkdir 'C:\Users\user81'
[2023-03-22 10:04:57.160] [info] ... ... ... Starting Neo4j Desktop 1.5.7 @ Windows_NT 10.0.19042, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10610U CPU @ 1.80GHz}
[2023-03-22 10:04:57.323] [error] Protocol Manager type error: url must be string. url = undefined

Also, how to fix the second error for url must be string?

I have created local databases. I prefer not to reinstall Neo4jdektop or if I reinstall it, I want access to my local databases and remote connections I already have in my neo4j desktop app.

Not sure that's easily possible.

You'd have to replace your old username in all the desktop configuration files.

Hi Michael,

I uninstalled Desktop and reinstalled yesterday.

Still IDE is not coming up while services are running in the backend.