Desktop 1.5.7 Won't Launch GUI, only Zombie Processes

I've installed Neo4j 1.5.7 on my Windows 11 laptop. However, the desktop GUI does not launch. When I launch Neo4j all I get are three zombie processes in the Windows Task Manager.

I've tried clearing the cache as suggested here: Neo4J Destop application not opening, without success.

On first launch I get a Windows Defender Firewall warning and I allow full communication by Neo4j Desktop on all networks, without success.

I've tried multiple uninstalls/reinstalls, without success. I've tried computer restarts, without success. I've tried killing the zombie processes and relaunching Neo4j, without success.

Any suggestions?

I've uninstalled the previous version (which also was failing to launch); I removed all evidence that Neo4j ever existed on my laptop, without success.

1 Like

I tried uninstalling 1.5.7, and installing the previous listed release 1.4.15. No success.

Right now, all I can do from my laptop is use the free instance of Neo4j Aura...

1 Like

Support team, any resolution regarding this ?

i see this error in the log file

[2023-08-28 17:20:35.782] [error] App initialization error Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, mkdir 'C:\Users\XYZ'

it wants to create folder called XYZ that was my old username on this laptop. sine my laptop is bee n migrated to a new user login, i no longer can bring up Neo4j Desktop . i reinstalled and installed many times with no success.

somehow the old username XYZ is registered somewhere that Neo4j desktop sill is looking for it.

1 Like