Sandbox Graphacademy isn't persisting data from one exercise to the next

I am going through the importing csv data into Neo4j course. However, when i get to the ;Create DIRECTED' relationship exercise, none of the previous data loaded in earlier exercises exists in the database.

When running MATCH (n) RETURN COUNT(n) I get 0 , despite having just loaded 444 Person Nodes and 93 Movie nodes, along with some ACTED_IN relationships

Hi,

Sorry you have been experiencing problems.

When each lesson loads, GraphAcademy should run a reset script that sets the sandbox back to a state where you can complete the lesson. e.g. this reset script is run when the directed relationship lesson starts.

It sounds like this didnt happen, maybe a connection to the sandbox couldnt be made at the time. I have just tested it and it seems to be working now.

You can run the reset script linked above and then complete the lesson, or you may find that when you go back into the lesson now, whatever issue was preventing it running as been resolved and the sandbox is reset automatically.

Martin

Hi

I'm experiencing the same problem. I lost the imports on csv exercise. Moreover after I rerun all exercises, I still can't preserve changes between next steps of the exercise so I am unable to pass this module
Ali

I have tested both Safari and Chrome and the problem persists between browsers.
I have noticed that Movies database is not loaded when I restart the exercise but new database 'Blanc database' is created. When during the exercise I get information that the database does not have information I just loaded, I execute
:server connect

that solves problem for now

I had a look into what was happening here. The big problem was that I couldnt reproduce the issue.

However... I finally noticed that there was a problem which was affecting the reset scripts after when dropping and creating indexes. In summary, dropping an index is async, and in some occasions the create index script was running before the drop index had finished (probably when the server was under load).

A change was pushed on Friday. If you could try again that would be really helpful.

Martin