Sandbox does not start | Configuring Sandbox, please wait...| Cypher Fundamentals

Hi All - I am new to graph academy. I am going through the Cypher fundamentals course. I am unable to start the sandbox. When I click on the Sandbox icon, I get the message "Configuring Sandbox, please wait..." and it does not come back at all. I tried logging off and logging in back, clearing the cache, removing cookies, changing browsers and machines. Do you know what I could try to get this working?

Thanks,

Arjun

I was able to get it working by going directly to https://sandbox.neo4j.com/

Hi all,

I have solved this problem logging in sandbox site in other tab of browser: https://neo4j.com/sandbox/
and keep both tabs working.

Darcio

Same issue, any other suggestions

I have solved this problem logging in sandbox site in other tab of browser: https://neo4j.com/sandbox/
and keep both tabs working.

Darcio

Solved found the right DB

Sorry for inconvenient

Rinaldo

Hi all,

I open sandbox tab but unable to found the right db to complete the challenge.
I found db with movies but no relationship RATED and label User is there, how can I find the DB?

Hello @rbonazzo ,

The Cypher Fundamentals course uses the Movies sandbox. If you are looking at a different sandbox, you will not be able to perform the challenges. Keep in mind also that in order to verify that you completed the challenges, you must click the Validate button from the GraphAcademy window.

If you have used a mixture of sandboxes, you may have updated the wrong sandbox. In that case, I recommend that you terminate the movie sandbox in sandbox.neo4j.com and then refresh the window in GraphAcademy. It will recreate the movies sandbox so you can continue with the challenges for the Cypher Fundamentals course.

Hi

If I remember correctly, when you start a course a DB is set for you automatically. You just need to get the right side of the challenges pages working and able to receive your code. And for this, at least in my case, I needed to keep both sites logged in and running: the course site and the sandbox site.

Darcio

Thanks for your help elaine

Hi all, I hit same error as Ajrun posted so click on https://sandbox.neo4j.com/, see Movies is running, click on Open to launch a new tab page, see "Firing up Neo4j Browser" and status bar stops at last bit.... Can anyone help?

Hello @HelenX ,

Were you able to resolve the issue by making sure you have a tab in your browser that has signed into sandbox.neo4j.com with the same credentials that you use to sign in to GraphAcademy?

Elaime

Hi Elaine,

Yes, same credentials and all sessions are logged in again this morning, still stops at last bit of status bar. thanks

As a last resort @HelenX , can you try terminating all sandboxes in sandbox.neo4j.com. Clear all cookies and go to the course page again in GraphAcademy. It should recreate the sandbox.

Elaine

Hi Elaine, followed your instruction but still not working, I got email alert about terminating and creating new sandbox. Thanks

Hello @HelenX ,

What Web browser are you using?

Is there possibly an ad blocker or VPN that is preventing access? What do you see in the developer console for your browser when you access a page in the course?

Elaine

Hi Elaine, I'm using Microsoft Edge, not sure about ad blocker or VPN

There're 3 parts in the course page, left hand side is course list, middle is "Challenge Traversing Relationships", left hand is looping "This may take a few seconds"

Traversing Relationships | GraphAcademy (neo4j.com)

There should be a developer console that you can get to from your browser to see the network calls being made from GraphAcademy. Can you view them? Are they being blocked?

Do you need to log into a VPN to access the internet?

Your browser would control if ad blockers are enabled. The security for your browser should allow neo4j.com.

I don't have MS Edge so I cannot tell you how to do this, but you should be able to google it.

Hi Elaine, problem solved after disconnected from our VPN, thank you very much