Remote Connection DB

Hi,
Can anyone help me with the steps to setup a remote connection DB in latest version Neo4j Desktop?

It is fairly straightforward. The following has instructions. Is there something particular that is giving you trouble?

Thank You! Can you tell me how to host a neo4j DB in a local network?

Do you want to setup a server running on a separate machine on your local network, or do you want to run it locally on your own machine using Neo4j Desktop? You can even run it within a docker container, locally or on another machine.

Download page:

You can download enterprise server, community server, or desktop.

Here are installation instructions:

The easiest if you want to get started to learn or develop some POCs, is to install Neo4j Desktop on your machine. You can then create projects with local installations of the server. You connect using the Neo4j Browser to run queries.

If you deploy server to another machine running on your network, you can still use neo4j desktop to connect using a "remote connection" in desktop. You will just need the IP address in order to create the remote connection.

Thank you! Lets say neo4j db and my computer are on different networks can we connect them?

Yes, you can install the server on a machine and access it from your machine.

The easiest way to access it from your machine is to run queries is using neo4j desktop. This will install neo4j browser, allow you to create local database, and give you access to other tools to install.

Once you install server on another machine and have it running, you can access it in neo4j desktop by creating a project and in that project create a remote connection to connect to the remote server. You will need to know the IP address and have an username and password.

Thank you very much for your support!

1 Like