Python or Java Client: Seeking Advice from Experts

Hello, I'm new to this community, and I'd love to hear from your collective experience. Which do you think is a better choice, using a Python client or a Java client?

I think it is more of what language you prefer to develop in, or your project is using. One thing to note, is that the Python driver has direct support for using the GDS library. This is not supported in the java driver.

Hi

If you wish to use Neo4J as an embedded database, (someone correct me if I am wrong) I would suggest developing it in Java (or Kotlin which I find a lot quicker to code than Java). Likewise, if you are doing a lot of processing of retrieved data, and your processing is not I/O intensive, you might again wish to go with Java (or Kotlin) because it will be much faster. Also, if this is a user facing application, I would develop it in Java (or better yet Kotlin) as it will be compiled, and syntax errors, and little mistakes like indenting with tabs instead of spaces (or the other way around), will be caught during compilation.

But if you are just trying to model that is not going to go into production, then Python is likely to give you results quicker than Java.

Please keep in mind that I am somewhat outspoken as not favoring Python for production purposes.

Phil Troy