NeoDash Map Feature

Hey Graphers,

Can someone please provide me with some examples of creating spatial data on nodes so that NeoDash will display the locations on the map widget? I already looked at the "Spatial Function" documentation in the Neo4j Cypher Manual, but there weren't clear enough examples for me to understand how it works.

I've tried this Cypher code in NeoDash, but the map and points won't display:

Here is what I see in NeoDash

gq16_0-1655849404522.png

Cypher

WITH point({x: 2.3, y: 4.5, crs: 'cartesian'}) AS p1, point({x: 1.1, y: 5.4, crs: 'cartesian'}) AS p2
RETURN p1,p2

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi @gq16 !

I hope you are enjoyig your time playing with NeoDash. The Map Chart expects a Node Object with the point as property. However, you can bypass this behavior by creating your own dictionary, you need to include an id and a label property too. We only support WS84 coordinates at the moment. It's in our roadmap improving our Map capabilities. Remember that this is an Open Source project, so you can help us if you please :smile:. Something along next lines should work while you test:

UNWIND [{id: "Colosseum", label: "Place", point: point({latitude:41.890209, longitude:12.492231})}] AS p
RETURN p

Bennu

@bennu_neo , thanks for your response! The Cypher you attached is a helpful example and it works, but not 100%. I still have the issue of no background map behind the node. Any help with this issue?

gq16_0-1655906335687.png

Hi @gq16 !

Let me check. Are you using a standalone deployment or http://neodash.graphapp.io/ ? Are you sitting behind any particular network? Can you tell me if there're network issues on the console log while loading?

@bennu_neo ,

I'm currently working in a dashboard on the NeoDash Desktop application with Neo4j Desktop connected to our company's Enterprise edition Neo4j database. Unfortunately I don't really have a ton of IT technical knowledge and I don't understand what you mean by these questions:

Are you sitting behind any particular network? Can you tell me if there're network issues on the console log while loading?

Can you explain in a way hopefully I can understand :joy:?

@Sure @gq16 !

If you are working from the Desktop, you should click the Menu Developer > Developer Tools

bennu_neo_1-1655910664468.png

I'm expecting a lot of red messages there. If any, share them. By particular network I mean, are you working from home - like me :smiley: - or from you workplace office?

@bennu_neo thank you for clarifying. I'm working from the office, and I don't see any red messages in the console network in NeoDash Desktop(see image below)

gq16_0-1655910920078.png

But I did open up my dashboard in NeoDash on the web app instead of on desktop, and it DOES show the map background. So it seems there is a bug in the NeoDash desktop app, so I would recommend @niels_dejong check out this issue.

gq16_1-1655911035065.png

Well @gq16 , I tried on desktop too and it worked. So I'm not sure about other conditions that may trigger this 'bug'. Prolly @niels_dejong fault! :rofl:

Nah I'm kiddin' ... I'm working on it as well, so I can check it too. Please submit it as an issue here:

https://github.com/neo4j-labs/neodash/issues so we can continue the conversation there.

If get any other question about NeoDash usage, feel free to ask it as a post here in the community.