Neo4j's Professional Services organisation is looking to expand it's team of consultants with 1 rock star in the Benelux and another in the Nordics region. If you want to join and dynamic and fast growing team, have a look at the below job description and if you think you fit the bill, contact us through the regular channels please https://neo4j.com/careers/.
Neo4j is the undisputed leader in the rapidly emerging graph database category. Our internet-scale graph platform helps companies around the world connect data to reveal invisible contexts and hidden relationships that drive breakthrough applications and analytics.
As the #1 platform for connected data, Neo4j has over three million downloads, the world’s largest graph developer community, and thousands of graph-powered applications in production.
The most sophisticated organizations worldwide use Neo4j to harness powerful data connections, from enterprises like Walmart, eBay, and Cisco to hot startups like Medium, Musimap and Airbnb.
Our Roots and Culture
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We aim to hire smart, funny, creative and humble people who possess a lot of heart and drive. We value relationships (just like a graph!) and place trust in our colleagues to meet each day with focus and integrity.
We foster collaboration and intellectually honest discussions for consensus decision making. Every Neo4j employee is empowered to contribute and put one's own innovative stamp on projects. Most of all, we are fanatical about graphs and creating an experience our users love.
This position will report into the Regional PS Director.
As a Consulting Engineer, you’ll get to do the following:
- Working with our customer’s engineering teams, you’ll lead and contribute to all phases of the Neo4j implementation within their projects, from inception to roll-out.
- Act as the Technical Subject Matter expert for short to long-term consulting engagements where you’ll work hands on with the Neo4j products, provide expert advice and guidance, train and educate, and help prepare deployments for production roll-out.
- Develop solution architectures that address the technical requirements of our customer’s projects
- Design and build prototype solutions that demonstrate required functionality with Neo4j
- Help prepare solution proposals for our customer’s engineering and management teams that help address the overall project goals.
To be successful, you’ll want to have a reasonable selection out of the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience with database technologies and data modeling concepts (preferably using big data and/or analytics technologies)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience designing and developing enterprise class applications.
- Knowledgeable in the Java ecosystem
- Hands-on development experience using API’s, messaging and middleware
- Experience with complex data analysis and passionate about solving technical data problems
- Experience working in an agile environment and devops experience
- Experience in a consultative role, with complex, customer-facing projects
- Capable of mentoring and/or educating small groups
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Comfortable with learning new technologies and development languages as needed
- Great listening skills and attention to detail
It will be a plus to have:
- Industry vertical experience in Financial Services, Retail or Telco
- Graph DB related experience i.e. with Neo4j, OrientDB, TitanDB or similar
- Familiarity with Couchbase, MongoDB, Marklogic, Teradata or similar
- Experience in Visualization (D3, Sigma.js, Linkurious, Sawyer)
- Bachelor Degree required
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross functional organization
- 5+ years working in a consultative capacity in a Professional Services Organization
- Able to travel >50% of the time, at occasion out side of the dedicated region
Locations and language
- Benelux, requiring proficiency in minimally Dutch, English and French
- Nordics, requiring proficiency in English and Swedish, Danish or Norwegian