Load 3.5.6 database into a 4.0.1 installation

I have a 3.5.6 Enterprise database and want to send it to someone who has a 4.0.1 installation.
I DUMPed the database and want the other person to LOAD it.
Is this possible? If not, what other choices do I have?

Thanks,

Klaus

I would explore upgrading the 4.0.1 database to 4.0.7 first and making sure that all works before you bring in the 3.5 database. Just my opinion.

The doc is here: Introduction - Upgrade and Migration Guide

Provided you did a neo4j-admin dump command Back up an offline database - Operations Manual
You can copy that dump file to the target server and follow the instructions here: Migrate a single instance - Upgrade and Migration Guide

You will see you need to shut the 4.x db down and change neo4j.conf to allow the upgrade (see the doc above)

After you do the neo4j-admin load, you will need to get on the Neo4j Browser, login as an admin e.g. neo4j, switch to system and run: create database yourdatabasename

The doc has the instructions for a Causal Cluster also.

Hi David,

Thanks for the description and links. Now, if I want to test this on my system, can I install 4.07 in addition to 3.5.6 and switch between the two? Say, my upgraded 4.07 database doesn't work properly, can I continue using my current 3.5.6 database (on the same machine)?
Oh, one more thing: the documentations says I need Java 11 for 4.0. Does a later version work as well? I currently have Java 14.

Thanks,

Klaus