Issues installing bloom to neo4j enterprise server

I am trying to install neo4j bloom to a neo4j enterprise server.

The .jar is placed within $NEO4J_HOME/plugins with correct permission and my bloom.license file is placed in NEO4j_HOME.

I have updated the neo4j.conf follow like:

dbms.unmanaged_extension_classes=com.neo4j.bloom.server=/bloom
#bloom and browser to http_allowlist
dbms.security.http_auth_allowlist=/,/browser.*,/bloom.*
dbms.security.procedures.unrestricted=apoc.*, bloom.*, gds.*
neo4j.bloom.license_files=/var/neo4j/neo4j-enterprise-4.2.3/bloom.license
neo4j.bloom.authorization_role=admin,architect,reader

With the above configuration and files however, I receive an error of

The Neo4j Bloom Server plugin is missing. A licensed plugin is required for remote graphs. Please contact your system administrator or your Neo4j representative.

when trying to login into bloom at http://<neo4j_server_url>.com:7474/bloom.

The above message is not clear to me as I do have the plugin in the plugin dicrectory - perhaps I have fudged something in the config file? Can someone please advise?

versions info:
neo4j==4.2.3
bloom (jar)==4.x-1.5.1

Thanks in advance

Hi @mason.edmison,

thanks for reaching out!
It looks like the license file path setting is slightly misspelled. The correct spelling is

neo4j.bloom.license_file=/var/neo4j/neo4j-enterprise-4.2.3/bloom.license

without the "s" at the end of "file".
Does this fix the issue for you?

Many thanks,
Clemens

Hi. I made the suggested change in the neo4j conf like:
neo4j.bloom.license_file=/var/neo4j/neo4j-enterprise-4.2.3/bloom.license
(and restarted the database) and still receive the same error.

Hi @mason.edmison,

thanks for your reply.
As far as I can tell, the settings look valid. I can think of two things to try next:

  • using a relative path for the license file instead of an absolute path (since the license file is inside the database's install directory, this would mean changing the setting to neo4j.bloom.license_file=bloom.license)
  • checking that neo4j.bloom.license_file is only present once and not set anywhere else in neo4j.conf

I hope this helps with tracking down the issue.
Many thanks,
Clemens