GraphAware NLP Using StanfordNLP installation issue in Neo4j 4.1

I was using Stanford NLP for Word2Vec Embedding in one of the use-case in Neo4j 3.18 version.

Currently, I've updated Neo4j 4.1 version as I intended to use Sub-Query funcitonality but doing so my installation/activation of Stanford library in Neo4j have failed.

I'd followed the step-by-step guide available Stanford Graphaware to install in 3.18 version but same doesn't work in 4.1 version. I guess this is because the different JVM version required in both the versions.

Error in 4.1:
Database failed to restart: DB [database-cfc9f5c3-daf7-4180-b398-87f7a12e63c7] 'v4.1.1' exited with status 'KILLED'

Logs:
WARN Unrecognized setting. No declared setting with name: com.graphaware.runtime.enabled
WARN Unrecognized setting. No declared setting with name: com.graphaware.module.NLP.1
INFO Starting...
INFO ======== Neo4j 4.1.1 ========
INFO Called db.clearQueryCaches(): Query cache already empty.
INFO Sending metrics to CSV file at installation-4.1.1\metrics
INFO Bolt enabled on localhost:7687.
INFO Mounted unmanaged extension [com.graphaware.server] at [/graphaware]
ERROR Failed to start Neo4j on dbms.connector.http.listen_address, a socket address. If missing port or hostname it is acquired from dbms.default_listen_address. Error starting Neo4j database server at \installation-4.1.1\data\databases
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error starting Neo4j database server at installation-4.1.1\data\databases
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.startDatabaseServer(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:198)
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.build(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:158)
at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.EnterpriseManagementServiceFactory.createManagementService(EnterpriseManagementServiceFactory.java:38)
at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.EnterpriseBootstrapper.createNeo(EnterpriseBootstrapper.java:20)
at org.neo4j.server.NeoBootstrapper.start(NeoBootstrapper.java:117)
at org.neo4j.server.NeoBootstrapper.start(NeoBootstrapper.java:87)
at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.EnterpriseEntryPoint.main(EnterpriseEntryPoint.java:25)

Version of Library loaded in plugin folder:
graphaware-server-all-3.5.14.55
nlp-stanfordnlp-3.5.4.53.18
stanford-english-corenlp-2018-10-05-models

Would greatly appreciate, if anyone else have encountered this and probable solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Sudarshan

1 Like

I am experiencing the same problem exactly. In my case, I am following the tutorial in the book Hands-On Graph Analytics with Neo4j. There are differences in the versions and in the name of the files beyond the change in the version numbers, which make me think that JVM is behind this, but I am not able to solve it. Has anyone done it?

Please check the compatibility matrix. It will state what jvm version should be installed on server.
Thanking you
G S Sudhir