(Exceedingly New to Neo4j) How would you structure a hotel's systems + process map?

Hello all,

I recently picked up a project at the hotel where I work (250+ rooms and very old, tech feels just as old sometimes). With that in mind we are looking to map all processes and systems and then extrapolate data to present findings to the higher ups, essentially planning a long term tech environment.

Considering that a sample of a single process in Finance is looking like in the image

Node Types:

1. Process Step
  • Step Number
  • Step Name
  • Process Name
  • Process Department
  1. System
  • System Name
  1. Department
  • Not main department but meant to act as a tertiary link to indicate that while the process belongs to one department, a single step or more may be done in conjunction with this secondary department

My questions are, I suppose:

1. Should the focus of such a project be on the systems or the department or process?
  2. Should the project be built with the final visualisation in mind or with the intent of building a well structured DBMS (I have tried using Bloom and Kineviz's GraphXR)
  3. Is there potential for planning it in a way where without every step having properties about systems and departments, I connect it to a primary "Process Name" node

Mentally, I picture all departments on one side, with the systems on the other side and the process nodes sandwiched in the middle. Any input would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,
Abhay