Deep Install Links not working

Hi all,

deep install links in the form neo4j-desktop://graphapps/install?url=... do not seem to work in Desktop 1.3.4. The Install buttons on https://install.graphapp.io/ do nothing, neither in the browser nor when I open the Graph App Gallery in Desktop itself.
Is this a known issue? I couldn't find anything about it. Help would be appreciated, since this also affects our own graph app. This used to work in the past. Thanks!

I'd like to hear more about this as well. I recall being able to click and install at some point, but have lately needed to copy/paste.

I believe it must be a known issue, due to the notes at the bottom of the graphapp.io page, it would be interesting to know what is causing it.

1 Like

Which operating system are you using? I know that it doesn't work for me on Ubuntu, but I think the deep install links do work on Windows and Mac

(unless you tell me that you're using one of those...!)

I'm on Windows here.

TLDR; working for me on macOS

After running tests I have to wonder if OS or the browser could have settings (disable/block/deny, etc) which could prevent deep links from working? Accidentally or on purpose..

I'm multi-OS I'll post results separately.

Using the Install button on install.graphapp.io is currently working for both Chrome and Safari on the latest Neo4j desktop 1.3.4.27 on latest macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 (to my surprise!?, I'll keep an eye on this...)

Test notes below

Chrome browser (my default)

Safari (built in)

and I think I instinctively clicked though another message something like "would you like to always do this?", before I could catch it.

TLDR; Does not work for me on Windows 10
Note: in all cases the popup window dismisses, then nothing

Test notes: (java version ""1.8.0_251-b08)
Recently installed Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004 OS build 19041.450) which has never had Neo4j on it (a new computer), and I usually dual boot into Ubuntu, so perhaps a near ideal test situation.

Chrome - popup window "Open Neo4j Desktop?" click on "Open Neo4j Desktop" nothing happens
internet explorer - popup window "Do you want to allow this website to open a program on your computer?", click Allow, then nothing happens
edge - popup window "Did you mean to switch apps?" Click Yes, nothing happens

TLDR; Does not work for me on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
firefox (built in) - nothing happens
chrome - popup window, click allow then nothing happens

Test notes
I installed a fresh Ubuntu 20.04 LTS VM just to test (I use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS as my primary, currently, but it is complicated by multiple java versions, etc)

I see this popup

Just to check, on the second try I clicked the "Always allow" checkbox, and as expected Chrome starts to behave like Firefox, then nothing happens in Chrome too when the Install button is clicked.

Here are some general steps you can follow to install Neo4j:

1. Visit the Official Website: Start by going to the official Neo4j website: https://neo4j.com/.
  2. Navigate to Download Section: Look for a "Download" or "Get Neo4j" section on the website. This is usually where you can find links to download the software.
  3. Select the Edition: Neo4j is available in different editions, such as Community Edition and Enterprise Edition. Choose the edition that suits your needs.
  4. Choose the Version: Select the version of Neo4j that you want to install. It's often a good idea to go for the latest stable release unless you have specific requirements for an older version.
  5. Select the Platform: Neo4j supports various operating systems. Choose the one that matches your environment, whether it's Windows, macOS, or Linux.
  6. Follow Installation Instructions: Once you've selected the edition, version, and platform, you should find installation instructions on the website. Follow these instructions to complete the installation. golang tutorial for beginners