WIN10, Desktop 1.2.8. NEVER RUNNING, always :Cannot read property 'name' of undefined

Hi there, another frustration with a new Desktop version.
Running ver. 1.2.7 finally worked fine for last two months. Today tried proposed upgrade to version 1.2.8-
BANG: Initialization error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
while preparing database-
Now I saved all my databases, disinstallled Desktop, got new 1.2.8. Desktop, installed
BANG: identical ERROR Initialization error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined, and cannot continue:
log:

Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54 TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
at Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137
at Array.forEach ()
at Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137
at Bh (Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137)
at Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137
at Bi (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54)
at vo (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54)
at So (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54)
at ka (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54)
at xa (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54)
at vs (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54)
at Ts (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54)
at fs (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54)
at za (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54)
at Object.enqueueSetState (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:54)
at t.O.setState (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:46)
at Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:21
at g (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:33)
at Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137
at Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137
at Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137
at Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:38
at Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137
at dispatch (Desktop.080735dc0831…5ef644.bundle.js:33)
at Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137
at async xi (Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137)
at async Hi (Desktop.080735dc0831…ef644.bundle.js:137)
at async file:/C:/Users…ef644.bundle.js:137

What todo?
Helps to get a downgraded Desktop 1.2.7 ???

Hello still there, downgrading to Desktop 1.2.7. restored all and is working as before
Hence, DON'T UPGRADE TO 1.2.8!!!!
It had cost me 2 intense hours. It was not my first upgrade frustration!

Developers, please test before proposing upgrade !!!

You're the first person who has reported such an issue. Thanks for the report.
Would you mind providing the desktop log files to our engineers?

You find them here: https://github.com/neo4j-apps/neo4j-desktop/wiki/FAQ#where-can-i-find-log-files

Best via a GH issue on

Hello Michael,
thanks for your prompt interest in my mess. Now I work best with downgraded ver 1.2.7.
I found a usable log only in
C:\Users\wolfg\AppData\Roaming\Neo4j Desktop\logs\renderer.log

From the yesterday 2020-05-19 on in the attached file (I canceled all days before)
hope that helps, please don't mind my sometimes critical harsh comments
Wolfgang Irler
PS: BTW I'm German, was co-owner in an Italian 15 person software company, now retired, actually trying Neo4j

(Attachment 20200520-WolfgangIrler-renderer.log is missing)

Hello Michael,
thanks for your prompt interest in my mess. Now I work best with downgraded ver 1.2.7.
I found a usable log only in
C:\Users\wolfg\AppData\Roaming\Neo4j Desktop\logs\renderer.log

From the yesterday 2020-05-19 on in the attached file (I canceled all days before)
hope that helps, please don't mind my sometimes critical harsh comments
Wolfgang Irler
PS: BTW I'm German, was co-owner in an Italian 15 person software company, now retired, actually trying Neo4j
Mail doesn't accept a log file

20200520-WolfgangIrler-renderer.txt (266 KB)