Ubuntu Community edition SHA256 mismatch

On Neo4j deployment center

Debian / Ubuntu PackageNeo4j 2026.06.0 (deb) SHA256 is eb6c9f06a4bb6113dc6697245d5f67cd7c50d719995038fd597f9a05a99da619
The SHA256 of the downloaded file is 70e85a47f55dab942f5dfbb9c2b4d466b4bc9d5c035cf6417c97a4cc9634c077

what is the valid one?
thanks

@gilad.mor

How are you computing the SHA256 value

I downloaded via the same link you posted and downloaded 2026.06.0 and using Windows Powershell I get

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-FileHash C:\Users\DanaCanzano\Downloads\neo4j-enterprise_2026.06.0_all.deb

Algorithm       Hash                                                                   Path
---------       ----                                                                   ----
SHA256          EB6C9F06A4BB6113DC6697245D5F67CD7C50D719995038FD597F9A05A99DA619       C:\Users\DanaCanzano\Download...

and

C:\Users\DanaCanzano>certutil -hashfile c:\Users\DanaCanzano\Downloads\neo4j-enterprise_2026.06.0_all.deb SHA256
SHA256 hash of c:\Users\DanaCanzano\Downloads\neo4j-enterprise_2026.06.0_all.deb:
eb6c9f06a4bb6113dc6697245d5f67cd7c50d719995038fd597f9a05a99da619
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.

@gilad.mor

my mistake. I was running a SHA256 against 2026-06.0 'enterprise'. but when run against 2026.06.0 community the results are

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-FileHash C:\Users\DanaCanzano\Downloads\neo4j_2026.06.0_all.deb

Algorithm       Hash                                                                   Path
---------       ----                                                                   ----
SHA256          70E85A47F55DAB942F5DFBB9C2B4D466B4BC9D5C035CF6417C97A4CC9634C077       C:\Users\DanaCanzano\Download...


and

C:\Users\DanaCanzano>certutil -hashfile c:\Users\DanaCanzano\Downloads\neo4j_2026.06.0_all.deb SHA256
SHA256 hash of c:\Users\DanaCanzano\Downloads\neo4j_2026.06.0_all.deb:
70e85a47f55dab942f5dfbb9c2b4d466b4bc9d5c035cf6417c97a4cc9634c077

which is different than what the download center reports.

Let me see if i can get this addressed.
I'll report back when complete

Thanks @dana_canzano

Now, when you put them one by the other, looking like the download center is providing same SHA256 for both enterprise and community editions