Trial for Aura & Cloud

Hi,
I'm associated professor at the University Complutense of Madrid (Spain) where I teach NoSQL databases. Usually we have neo4j in the school laboratory computers, but due to the COVID we cannot access to these computers and using a cloud service will be very suitable.

I have found free accounts for mongo atlas, elastic cloud, redislabs, and cassandra, but not for Neo4j. I would like to know if it is possible to get a free Aura account for students to teach Neo4j.

There is some student account or trial for free for Aura ?

Thanks in advance,

Rafa

Hi, Rafa. Thanks for joining the Neo4j Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. As you rightly recognize, we don't currently have a free tier or student account for Neo4j Aura. This is due in large part to the fact that Neo4j Aura is a relatively new service. We hope to introduce such an offering in the future.

I wonder whether Neo4j Desktop might be an alternative for your students in these extraordinary times. Neo4j Desktop is quite easy to install on any OS and was designed to make getting started with Neo4j simple. Would that be a reasonable alternative to the lab computers?

Best,
Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the quick answer. Yes, we will try Neo4j Desktop, thanks a lot.

Best regards,

rafa