Sync Oracle & Neo4j

Hi,

how to sync data between Oracle and Neo4j ?

first data goes to oracle and then it would send it to Neo4j. can it be done by a procedure or trigger or something like that ?

i don't want to do it in the code... i want just the oracle to deal with neo4j.

Thanks
Arash

not sure if/how after committing in Oracle it would be auto sent to Neo4j however there is Neo4j APOC procedure which can read from a JDBC source, of which Oracle is such a source. See

thanks for your help.

but i need the neo4j and oracle to be synchronized. i mean we should have real time sync.

and how the neo4j would be aware on changes on oracle by apoc ?

is it a time schedule ?

Interesting issue...I have not done it yet, but would be interesting to play around with this...

I would 1) setup the Neo4j JDBC connector on your Oracle server, 2) create the database link, 3) write the PL/SQL package/procedure to process the necessary data transformations and the procedure will call /send the CQL via the database link, and 4) deal with the connectivity or transformation issues until data quality is assured.

This will take some effort on your part...

good luck!

~Alfonso

1 Like

Also, I am assuming you are the DBA of the Oracle server--if not, you cannot do it. Only the DBA will have the privileges to do this type of work in Oracle. Though you can create and submt the PL/SQL work that will process the data.

~Alfonso

1 Like

but isnt this an issue not so much with Neo4j itself but rather 'how do you synchronize writes from an Oracle server to database <xyz> where could be MSFT SQL Server, Postgres, Neo4j, MongoDB, etc.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply..
yes, excactly we are doing this right now... trying to make a procedure to run a java code for me to insert it into neo4j.

but for PL/SQL could you get me some links for each step you mentioned, please?

For starters,

1. Refer to Neo4j JDBC documentation
  2. For database links, Database Links
  3. PL/SQL is a very broad topic--it is the native Oracle programming language, you can start from here and work to where you need to study for your needs: PL/SQL for Developers

Good luck!
~Alfonso

1 Like

Exactly--it is a database integration and ETL paradigm that they are solving. Should be an interesting solution...

Have fun!!
~Alfonso

Thanks again...
very helpful