Neo4j 3.5.0 Dump after moving to 3.5.0 failing

We've been working with NEO since around 3.4.0, using dump/load to backup/restore our database. After moving from version 3.4.11 to version 3.5.0 (or 3.5.1), I can no longer dump after a load (without making any changes or even running the database).

• Neo4j version: 3.5.0
  • Operating system: Neo4j Desktop

neo4j-admin load --from=data\db.dump --database=graph.db

neo4j-admin dump --database=graph.db --to=data\db2.dump

command failed: Active logical log detected, this might be a source of inconsistencies.
Please recover database before running the dump.
To perform recovery please start database and perform clean shutdown.

Hi, I have the same problem with dump, after migrating from 1.1.10 with 3.4.1 to Desktop 1.1.13 with Version 3.5.0 Enterprise. Before everything always worked (only 117 nodes,116 realtions)
Nowhere I could find a hint how to perform clean shutdown. What am I missing?
Even backup fails with the same db:

../bin/neo4j-admin backup --backup-dir=C:/bak --name=clesius.db-backup --check-consistency=false
2019-01-10 09:53:37.252+0000 INFO [o.n.b.i.BackupOutputMonitor] Start receiving store files
command failed: Failed to run a backup using the available strategies.

What strategy is missing here?
thanks

Running Neo4j Desktop version 1.1.15, I note this issue is still present. This affects we basically can't use Neo Desktop for development. Is there any plan to fix this?

For some reason updates were not coming true (on two systems) - after manual uninstall & install, in Neo4j Desktop version 1.1.17 / 3.5.3, dump appears to be working fine again.

I'm sorry to report the same issues appears to have returned:
Neo4j Desktop version 1.1.21
Neo4j version: Version 3.5.3

command failed: Active logical log detected, this might be a source of inconsistencies.
Please recover database.
To perform recovery please start database in single mode and perform clean shutdown.

Update: This issues appears resolved now
Neo4j Desktop version: 1.1.22
Neo4j version: 3.5.5

Worth mentioning the dump format has changed in version 3.5.5, dump files pre/post 3.5.5 are not compatible. Worth emphasising as I only found this in the change log!

Neo4j Desktop version 1.2.1/ 3.5.8 (5600 nodes, 9100 relationships):
still the same dump failing; stopped the db, dump says:
"command failed: Active logical log detected, this might be a source of inconsistencies.
To perform recovery please start database and perform clean shutdown."

only by deleting neostore.transaction.db.0 and copying graph.db to another installation I can transport the db.
But how can I "perform clean shutdown"?? I'd like to do a normal dump/load cycle

1 Like

On version 4.0.2 again this same issue. This is a persistent bug.
I found many references to this and FINALLY found out why. As far as I know this is caused when stopping a database on neo4j Desktop by simply pressing the stop button.

I found this work-around:

• shutdown database
  • open terminal
  • run bin/neo4j console
  • after startup, hit Ctrl+C to shutdown database
  • run neo4j-admin dump

(Source: Neo4j-admin dump is failing - Stack Overflow)

After further testing it seems pressing either stop buttons:

Sometimes results in:

Active logical log detected, this might be a source of inconsistencies.
To perform recovery please start database and perform clean shutdown.

Experimental work-around: stopping, starting, then stopping again seems to solve the issue.