How to automatically change the size of relationship

Hi there,
I am new to new4j, I have seen the size of lines can be changed so that a thick line refers to a strong relationship; a thin line refers to a weak relationship between nodes.

I want to find a way, automatically change the size of relationships by using a code. Is there any way I can achieve it?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Regards

It all depends on what visualization software you use.
All softwares don't support this behaviour.

The way you could do it is to set a property weight on the relationship, and then tell the software to use that property to define the thickness of the relation.

Which visualization software are you using?

1 Like

Hi Andreas
Thank you for your timely reply! I really appreciate that. Since Neo4j is a graph database management system, I was hoping New4j itself could do this.

I am also learning Tableau , would you mind giving me some insights about how to "set a property weight on the relationship, and then tell the software to use that property to define the thickness of the relation"?

I wish I can find a way to combine both Neo4J and Tableau to set a property weight on the relationship automatically, in order to help readers to concentrate on crucial points.

Best regards

It's not something special about the relationship weight in Neo4j.
You just set a property with e.g. defined number.

e.g.
relation.Population=45

I'm not familiar with tableu. So I'm not aware of if it is possible to do it there.
But I know you can do it in Gephi and Neo4j Bloom.

1 Like

Hi Andreas
May I set different property weights on different relationships based on their value? For example, if the sum(sales) of this relationship is above a threshold, then relation.Population=45; otherwise relation.Population=20?

I will download Gephi and Neo4j Bloom.

Yes thats possible.
There is some examples with case when here:

1 Like

That is very helpful! Thank you, Andreas.