Location: Remote (project is based in Los Angeles)
Description: “Social venture,” “triple bottom line,” “sense of mission” – have you ever used these phrases to describe your ideal job? Consider becoming a part of our mission-driven startup, which is bringing Silicon-Valley methods to a highly innovative new approach to homelessness services.
At Citizentric we believe in using technology to empower the innovators who are already doing great work in the world. We are collaborating with an innovative nonprofit agency, LA Family Housing, on AROYO (A Room Of Your Own), a web app that enables case workers at nonprofit agencies to better help individuals experiencing homelessness achieve housing stability.
We’re seeking a senior back-end developer to expand our delivery capacity and shore up our platform for scale. Over the next 4-6 months we will be enabling our platform to handle broader use cases and roll out to multiple counties. The right person will bring a deep understanding of Neo4j and Apollo Server to the team in order to relieve bottlenecks and make the whole application more robust, reliable and secure.
If this interests you, we want to hear from you!
Who you are:
- Collaborative and generous with knowledge; an enthusiastic mentor
- Make technology choices in an explainable, evidence-driven way
- Happy in an Agile environment with tight customer feedback loops
- Motivated by accountability and mission
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Expand GraphQL capabilities to support feature iteration
- Contribute your graph database expertise to technical designs, architecture and planning
- Enhance infrastructure, integration and deployment pipelines, and automated testing
- Focus on getting working software into users’ hands and keeping it working
- Collaborate on estimation of work to help drive prioritization decisions
- Prior experience developing and/or supporting a production Neo4j + Apollo GraphQL application (React and Vue round out our GRAND stack)
- A "measure twice, cut once" approach to development
- Ability to work autonomously while being collaborative
- Interest in continuously refining team processes
- Clear communication
- W-2 employee (part-time will be considered)
- Fully remote, with working hours aligned to Pacific time
- Competitive hourly rate (and benefits for full-time)
- You must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Contact Information: email@example.com