Help finding db.ping() procedure

Hey all,

I've been trying to use the db.ping() procedure listed here as part of a health-check script to monitor my Neo4j 4.0.0 instance.

The documentation says

"The procedure is available in all databases and always returns true."

Issue

However, when I try to use it when connected to a healthy database (CALL db.ping()), I get this error:

There is no procedure with the name db.ping registered for this database instance. Please ensure you've spelled the procedure name correctly and that the procedure is properly deployed.`

When I run a query to see all the available procedures, the list returned for the db namespace doesn't have ping, confirming that db.ping() is truly not available.

[... "indexes", "labels", "prepareForReplanning", "propertyKeys", "relationshipTypes" ...]

Main Question

If db.ping() procedure is said to be available on all databases, how do I find it / load it / use it? I haven't been able to find guidance in the linked documentation or nearby pages.

@matt.cloyd

db.ping() was introduced as part of Neo4j 4.0.4, and as evidence Neo4j 4.0 changelog · neo4j/neo4j Wiki · GitHub

Admittedly there is some mismatch here in that there is one 4.0.x documentation, namely The Neo4j Operations Manual v5 - Operations Manual and it always has the most up to date details for all 4.0.x versions

and as a workaround you could simply run cypher statement

return 1;

and if you get a return of 1 then you know the database is up and responding to queries

Thanks, @dana_canzano, that explains it! I didn't realize the 4.0 documentation included all the additional versions.

semantics.. not all the additonal version, all the additonal patches on said version