Hello Everyone - Bonjour tout le monde!

Hi, I'm Simon and I am an Information and Knowledge Strategist.
I'm totally new to Knowledge Graph and to Neo4J.

But, I've been a Data Lover, and Information Management Architect and a Knowledge Manager for decades...

I'm semi retired and want to stay active in the area of data and information visualization. I'm familiar with semantics, controlled vocabulary, NLP, Taxonomy and Ontology.

I jute started installing Neo4J Desktop for Mac and playing around with the sample databases.

I enjoy playing with the movie database but would be very interested to do something creative using the Musicbrainz database.

I'm looking forward to demonstrate Neo4J's capacities in presenting Music Artists Relationships or Collaborations suc as the relations that exist between Greg Lake (King Crimson and Emerson Lake and Palmer), Robert Fripp (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel, etc.) and Keith Emerson (The Nice, Emerson Lake and Palmer). A good example I would like to reproduce in Neo4J is the Musicroamer.com app. See the example Blow.

Please let me know if you have interest or expertise with this case?
Merci,
Simon

One thing that you may not realize is that Nodes can have multiple labels.

So, a musician could be both :Folk and :Rock or both :Blues and :Soul

Albums could be mixed genres too. Searching by Label is far more efficient.

1 Like

Thanks Clem for the comment.
Actually I more interested by the relationships (who worked whit whom) than the type of their relation (played with , contributed to, toured with).
But I understand your point about having to deal with multiple labels.
Thanks again!
Simon