Having problem with online-training

I think this type of question might be weird, but i tried to solve this problem myself but i couldn't so it post this. sorry for if wrong tag or what ever i execused.

I'm try to learning neo4j as fresh noob and I started from online training (https://neo4j.com/graphacademy/online-training/getting-started-graph-databases-using-neo4j/)

i passed part 1 and part 2 ( with a mount of trial , and I think still I need "Cheat sheet" while using neo4J) and I'm in part3/quiz3

the question is that

What characterizes a Path ?

and there's possible answer option

• A collection of nodes and relationships
  • A subgraph
  • Relationships are ordered by traversal
  • Contains at least one relationship
  • Contains at least one node

I thought answer could be A and B ( or possibly C?)

because I tried "empty path" and actually it didn't make any error

but that wasn't answer, and any possible combination for these 5 options aren't answer ( literally I tried all ).
could anyone help me to solve this quiz dilemma?

Hi,

The standard definition of a path is a series of one or more nodes v1, v2, ..., vn such that for any two consecutive nodes in the path, there's an edge from the first node to the second. This means no edges no path. Hence a path is characterized by an edge.

My answer is: * Contains at least one relationship.
Hope this is the right answer!

-Kamal

fig

didn't work :(
I think there's technical issue with this.

but thanks very much !

Hi,

Thanks for the update.
-Kamal

I breezed through the questions until this one as well. Took some experimenting in Neo4j, but (frustratingly and embarrassingly) mostly just getting-it-wrong-until-I-got-it-right.

By issuing some queries, you will find that no relationships are necessary to define a path (MATCH path = (p:Person) RETURN path). Also, when issuing a query like this, it is pretty clear that there is no "empty path", so a path must contain at least one node. That takes care of the last 2 items, but what about the first 3?

Though a relationship is not strictly necessary to define a path, when they exist they are ordered by traversal (e.g., MATCH path = (a)-[:LIKES]->(b)-[:LOVES]->(c) RETURN path).

This leaves the first two items... From above, one could characterize a path as a collection of node(s) and (possibly) relationships. But how about a subgraph? Without looking up a stringent definition of this, to my mind it seemed like a path is a subgraph... But I found (through trial and error) that this is not the accepted answer.

I understand that as transitive attribution in threat intelligence.