GRAPH DATABASE ANALYSIS OF THE TRANS-ADRIATIC TRADE RECORDS IN THE KABUŽIĆ BROTHERS' LEDGERS (1426-1

Hallo,

I am going to submit an application to the Friedrich-Meinecke-Institut Free University Berlin for the research project GRAPH DATABASE ANALYSIS OF THE TRANS-ADRIATIC TRADE RECORDS IN THE KABUZIC BROTHERS' LEDGERS (1426-1433), which is will be hopefully funded by the German Research Fundation (DFG).

I am looking for the partners from Germany and abroad, preferably those with academic affiliation, willing to support my effort.

We can have a more in-depth discussion about the collaboration.

SHORT DESCRIPTION:

Our digital humanities-oriented research focuses on thousands of incredibly detailed records relevant to the economic and transport history from a double collection of manuscripts from the early 15th-century commune of Dubrovnik referred to as Kabužić brothers' ledgers (KBL in the text continuation) that will be analysed with the innovative Neo4j graph database software. The general goal is to A) comprehend the overall organization and activity of a typical transregional, late medieval Mediterranean trading company in minute detail based on graph database elements interrelationships B) Examine the correlation between the major elements of the Kabužić brothers' business strategy and the general socioeconomic and military circumstances of the epoch in the Adriatic region.