Error Loading CSV Files with Neo4j macOS Desktop App

I'm running the Neo4J desktop app (V1.2.1) for macOS (v10.14.5). I downloaded the Northwinds database to follow along the "Import Data into Neo4j" tutorial in the online developer guides.

1. I created a local database
  2. Started it in the desktop app
  3. I launched the Neo4j browser (V3.2.20)
  4. Copied the following commands from the tutorial
    USING PERIODIC COMMIT
    LOAD CSV WITH HEADERS FROM "file:customers.csv" AS row
    CREATE (:Customer {companyName: row.CompanyName, customerID: row.CustomerID, fax: row.Fax, phone: row.Phone});
  5. The app returns the following error message "Neo.DatabaseError.General.UnknownError: URI is not hierarchical"

Can you help me decipher this message so I can understand what I need to do to have the app properly upload the CSV file?

Thanks,
Ciro

Can you change the Cypher statement to

USING PERIODIC COMMIT
LOAD CSV WITH HEADERS FROM "file:///customers.csv" AS row
CREATE (:Customer {companyName: row.CompanyName, customerID: row.CustomerID, fax: row.Fax, phone: row.Phone});

changing file:customers.csv to file:///customers.csv. Also I presume the customers.csv is located in the import directory?

Dana,
You're a Neo4j whisperer! That worked beautifully, but why?

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer a simple, newbie question. I really appreciate it!
Regards,
Ciro

https://neo4j.com/docs/cypher-manual/3.5/clauses/load-csv/ makes a number of references to file:///, for example

File URLs will be resolved relative to the dbms.directories.import directory. For example, a file URL will typically look like file:///myfile.csv or file:///myproject/myfile.csv .