Does defaultCaption work in style.grass for relationships?

I have the following node styling definition:
node.Vertex {
color: #FFC454;
border-color: #d7a013;
text-color-internal: #2A2C34;
defaultCaption: '{name}';
caption: '{caption}';
}
If I do the equivalent for a relationship, will it work?
Example:
relationship.INHERITANCE {
defaultCaption: "";
caption: "{caption}";
shaft-width: 2px;
color: #F79767;
border-color: #f36924;
text-color-internal: #FFFFFF;
}

If not, why not?

TIA,
Paolo

Specifying defaultCaption for the relationship isn't explicitly documented in the documentation, however looking at the parser it seems this should work.

Are you getting the expected result when specifying a defaultCaption value for the relationship? Are you seeing something different? Note that by default relationship captions in Neo4j Browser are the relationship type.

Thanks, @lyonwj,
I did look at the documentation you referenced before I posted. But I noted that the defaultCaption was only shown against Nodes. In my dealings with tools over the decades, I've found that unless something is explicitly mentioned, "all bets may be off:. That's why I asked the "cognoscenti".

I asked related to my other topic Are nodes in "db.schema.visualization()" the same as model nodes?regarding the virtual nodes rendered on the db.schema.visualization function. When I asked this question, the schema relationships were blank (where we used defaultCaption), but we've since changed the styling, and the defaultCaption for the nodes also doesn't work there.

Paolo

I've done some more testing this morning and found anomalous behaviour.
Here is the relevant style definition:
node.Test {
defaultCaption: "{name}";
caption: "{caption}";
}
merge (z:Test) on match set z.name='Fred', z.caption='Bill' return z
will correctly display "Bill".
match (z:Test) remove z.caption return z
will (incorrectly, in my view) display nothing. I would have thought given the styling definition, it should have reverted to the "{name}" property.
Similarly,
merge (q:Test {name:'Mary'}) return q
will (incorrectly) display a node with nothing in the text area.
merge (q:Test {name:'Mary'}) on match set q.caption='Karen' return q
Will, however, now add the caption "Karen" to the text area.

This smells like a defect to me.
Paolo