Difference between n10s.rdf.import.fetch method and n10s.onto.import.fetch method

What is the difference between importing ontologies using n10s.rdf.import.fetch method and importing using n10s.onto.import.fetch method?

Hi,
I am quite new to all of this but if you have a look a the neosemantics documentation you will find how every element in your input data is transformed. I made a quick table for me to have a better overview of the two impor.fetch procedures:

I think the usage is different and I will try to write the following triples (Why not if we are talking about ontologies):

• n10s.rdf.import.fetch imports RDF Data into neo4j

• n10s.rdf.import.fetch does not import the vocabulary (maybe it could but I don't think you need it)

• n10s.rdf.import.fetch imports the individuals

• n10s.onto.import.fetch import an ontology into neo4j

• The Usage of n10s.onto.import.fetch is different than n10s.rdf.import.fetch

Maybe my statements are wrong so let's wait for the experts to clarify.

I think you can import your rdf data into a property graphs database (rdf.import.fetch) or you can import your ontology and implement a knowledge graph using neo4j (ontology.import.fetch).

Best regards,

Paul

1 Like

What @paulhernandez is mostly correct.
The rdf.import methods import every single triple in your RDF, whereas the onto.import select only some elements and persist them in a simplified form in the graph.
You have a description in the manual of the details of this: Importing Ontologies - Neosemantics

JB