Deleting Emil

Hi,
I'm trying out the academy course challenge : Emil Eifrem is not really an actor! We no longer want him in the database. Write the code to delete his node in the graph.
With the below code but it says incorrect and I'm unable to continue.
Match (a:Actor {name:'Emil Eifrem')
DISPATCH DELETE a
There is no option to continue without getting the above right. Any help will be appreciated.
TIA
Udhay

I am facing the same issue

Hello @VISHNU_KAVALI ,

If a Challenge does not validate, try refreshing the course page in your Browser, then attempt the Challenge again. Refreshing the course page resets the graph to where it should be at the beginning of the Challenge.

Elaine

I am in Chrome, cleared the browser cache, cookies and restarted it. When I tried it again I also get the same problem. When it finally comes up with the "solution" it lets me run it and there are no results. It will not let me continue on from that page.

steggs6767_0-1660926056722.png

I am too facing similar problem after resolving the problem with correct solution the Query seems a sandbox bug, after delete cookies and close session , still happen. i can go further 'till delete this record ,, how can i solve it?

X2
(migrated from khoros post Re: Deleting Emil - Neo4j - 43640)

Can you try signing out of GraphAcademy and signing back in?

My guess is that there is something in your cookies that is causing the problem.

The fact that the deletion showed no changes to the graph means that the node did not exist so I am wondering what state your graph was in. If you re-enter the Challenge, it should reset your graph to what it should be for the beginning of the challenge.

Elaine

This topic has really added stress actually :grinning:. The command does not return any kind of rows. Please ask support to check if this excercise works at all.

I tried with multiple browsers as well. Please share screenshot if this works for anyone.

Your query will only execute if you see the $neo4j prompt, meaning that it is connected to the sandbox instance. For this course, you can also go the sandbox.neo4j.com and perform the query in Neo4j Browser (Open) for the Movie database. That is the sandbox that is used for this course.

Elaine