Connecting Neo4j Desktop to a Remote Server

I have a freshly installed instance of Neo4j Community Edition running on server provided by an internet hosting company.

I have Neo4j Desktop running on my personal computer.

I have tried to connect Neo4j Desktop to the Neo4j instance that is running on my server, but I can't get it to work.

I get the message: "Unable to establish remote connection: Database is unreachable with specified configuration."

I also get the message: "Unable to establish remote connection: ServiceUnavailable"

In Neo4j Desktop, I clicked on "Add database" and I provided the correct URL (bolt://my-server-IP-address:7687). I then provided the correct username and password.

On my server, I have made sure that Neo4j is running with "neo4j status". I have opened port 7687 on my firewall, and to be sure I even turned off my firewall for testing purposes.

Is there some further configuration that I need to do on my server to get Neo4j there to connect with Neo4j Desktop?

Thank you.

Goodevening,
On the server side you could try edit the neo4j.conf file and look into the settings "default_listen_address".

Yours Kindly Omer

That did the trick. Thank you!