Can't get Neo4j GraphQL Getting Started to work

I'm following the Getting Started guide, but when I try to execute the mutation in Apollo Sandbox, I get:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "Failed to connect to server. Please ensure that your database is listening on the correct host and port and that you have compatible encryption settings both on Neo4j server and driver. Note that the default encryption setting has changed in Neo4j 4.0. Caused by: connect ECONNREFUSED ::1:7687",
      "locations": [
        {
          "line": 2,
          "column": 3
        }
      ],
      "path": [
        "createMovies"
      ],
      "extensions": {
        "code": "INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR",
        "exception": {
          "code": "ServiceUnavailable",
          "name": "Neo4jError",
          "retriable": true,
          "stacktrace": [
            "Neo4jError: Failed to connect to server. Please ensure that your database is listening on the correct host and port and that you have compatible encryption settings both on Neo4j server and driver. Note that the default encryption setting has changed in Neo4j 4.0. Caused by: connect ECONNREFUSED ::1:7687",
            "    at new Neo4jError (/Users/tianxiong.xiong/test/neo4j-graphql-example/node_modules/neo4j-driver-core/lib/error.js:77:16)",
            "    at newError (/Users/tianxiong.xiong/test/neo4j-graphql-example/node_modules/neo4j-driver-core/lib/error.js:113:12)",
            "    at NodeChannel._handleConnectionError (/Users/tianxiong.xiong/test/neo4j-graphql-example/node_modules/neo4j-driver-bolt-connection/lib/channel/node/node-channel.js:227:56)",
            "    at Socket.emit (node:events:526:28)",
            "    at emitErrorNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:164:8)",
            "    at emitErrorCloseNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:129:3)",
            "    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)"
          ]
        }
      }
    }
  ],
  "data": null
}

I've a Neo4j DB spun up separately w/ docker-compose like:

version: '3'

services:
  neo4j:
    image: neo4j:5.3.0
    ports:
      - "7474:7474"
      - "7687:7687"
    volumes:
      - neo4j-data:/data

volumes:
  neo4j-data:

And confirmed I'm able to connect to bolt://localhost:7687 via a different client.

I suspect I'm missing something when it comes to configuring the Apollo server, but I can't see that I've done anything wrong. Here's my index.js:

const { Neo4jGraphQL } = require("@neo4j/graphql");
const { ApolloServer, gql } = require("apollo-server");
const neo4j = require("neo4j-driver");

const typeDefs = gql`
    type Movie {
        title: String
        actors: [Actor!]! @relationship(type: "ACTED_IN", direction: IN)
    }

type Actor {
        name: String
        movies: [Movie!]! @relationship(type: "ACTED_IN", direction: OUT)
    }
`;

const driver = neo4j.driver(
  "bolt://localhost:7687",
  neo4j.auth.basic("neo4j", "password")
);

const neoSchema = new Neo4jGraphQL({ typeDefs, driver });

neoSchema.getSchema().then((schema) => {
  const server = new ApolloServer({
    schema,
  });

server.listen().then(({ url }) => {
    console.log(`🚀 Server ready at ${url}`);
  });
})

where password is the confirmed password for my local DB instance.

hi

which version of Apollo Server are you using ? This code you found on neo4j's graphql documentation is made for apollo V3 and thus completely deprecated, there's been much changes in apollo v4.

But anyways, the reply you get is a neo4j driver error, not a graphql one. I personnaly never succeeded in connecting to a database using bolt:// url, but using neo4j://instead on same port always worked

You're missing a couple of things in your Docker Compose file - Apoc must be installed to use the Neo4j GraphQL Library, and you need to set the authentication details which you're using in your code.