Just installed Neo4j desktop this passed week. I was able to create a graph.db and start it up and browser took me to play screen. Appears I have thing installed correctly.
I've scourged the import documentation and tried several flavors.
Unable to successfully complete a bulk load on existing files. (Meaning I had a colleague sent me his exported neo4j database files. To get a jump start.)
- The command I'm attempting to run via the windows command prompt in C:.Neo4jDesktop\neo4jDatabases\database-90a638ae-1915-462e-8944-beb1bc456849\installation-3.5.0\import\
neo4j-admin import --f=allfiles.txt (> is my command prompt)
Bulk file: allfiles.txt contains this:
As you noticed with the *, I have a large number of named files.
Action so far.
0. Deleted grab.db from database folder since this is a new db import.
- I've export Neo4j_dir to .Neo4jDesktop\neo4jDatabases\database-90a638ae-1915-462e-8944-beb1bc456849\installation-3.5.0\bin
- I added %Neo4j_dir% to my %PATH%
- Only way I was successful with the "import" I had to run each node and relationship individually with the import command. NOT how I want to do it.
- Attempted to execute the neo4-admin import command via copy paste embedding of the contents of allfiles.txt with it.
4.1 Tried different escape sequence character from "\ to `" to "\ to ^".
- Updated the file to change escape sequence character and even removed them. Due to the console error message it said it could understand them.
IMO - acts like it doesn't know how to parse all the commands individually in the file or embedded in the command line.
Anyone can tell me the obvious thing I'm missing.