Acces/load to data after import with neo4j-admin import

Hi to everyone,
I'm new on neo4j, and I've a question about import data...

I import my data using neo4j-admin import, and generate a database succesfully.

But now I want to load my data in neo4j desktop and I cannot do it, how can i manage my database once is created with neo4j-admin import??
The command that I launched is:

sudo neo4j-admin import --database=disgenetall --delimiter="|" --skip-duplicate-nodes --skip-bad-relationships --nodes=diseases2.csv --nodes=genes2.csv --nodes=variants2.csv --relationships=gene_disease3.csv --relationships=variant_disease3.csv --relationships=gene2variant2.csv

My database is saved by default in:
/var/lib/neo4j/data/databases/ such as system and neo4j databases. However, when I start one DBMS in neo4j desktop this database is not loaded... I did a dump in my DBMS folder. Besides when I did the neo4j-admin load, the system tells me that my database exist, which is nomal because I generated the database wth neo4j-admin import.

Besides I cannot do the neo4j start because I obtain the following error....

ERROR Failed to start Neo4j on dbms.connector.http.listen_address, a socket address. If missing port or hostname it is acquired from dbms.default_listen_address. Error starting Neo4j database server at /var/lib/neo4j/data/databases
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error starting Neo4j database server at /var/lib/neo4j/data/databases
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.startDatabaseServer(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:198)
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.build(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:158)
at org.neo4j.server.CommunityBootstrapper.createNeo(CommunityBootstrapper.java:36)
at org.neo4j.server.NeoBootstrapper.start(NeoBootstrapper.java:117)
at org.neo4j.server.NeoBootstrapper.start(NeoBootstrapper.java:87)
at org.neo4j.server.CommunityEntryPoint.main(CommunityEntryPoint.java:35)
Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component 'org.neo4j.kernel.internal.locker.LockerLifecycleAdapter@4da4253' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Lock file has been locked by another process: /var/lib/neo4j/data/databases/store_lock. Please ensure no other process is using this database, and that the directory is writable (required even for read-only access)".
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:463)
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:110)
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.startDatabaseServer(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:189)
... 5 more

So now I'm lost... I will appreciate a little bit of information about how to load my database in neo4j desktop or use this import information in other canal....

Thanks for your time

Jordi

If you use community edition there is no multi-database, so you have to import it into the default neo4j database (use --force to override).

Or alternatively change the default database in neo4j.conf go your disgenetall

In neo4j enterprise (e.g. docker, or desktop) you can switch to the system database and run create database disgenetall to create and start your db.

Thanks @michael.hunger!! You help me a lot!

1 Like