WHERE a Property contains any one of a list of strings

Hi Neo Friends!

The query below is a modified version of a query I made that works when I am searching in the CONTAINS clause for only a single product type, but I've tried multiple ways of searching for more than one, such as making a list with commas, or using the OR operator, but I can't get it to work. Any advise?

Cypher that is having issues:

MATCH (type:ProductType)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT_TYPE]-(:Product)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT]-(:ProductOrigin)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT_ORIGIN]-(c:OrderLine)-[hq:HAS_QUANTITY]->(Q:Quantity)

WHERE type.name CONTAINS ("SuperU", "UAN", "Urea")

RETURN type.name AS ProductType, Q.quantity AS Quantity

And it doesn't work when I do this either:

''

WHERE type.name CONTAINS ("SuperU" OR "UAN" OR "Urea")

''

Works when I do this:

MATCH (type:ProductType)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT_TYPE]-(:Product)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT]-(:ProductOrigin)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT_ORIGIN]-(c:OrderLine)-[hq:HAS_QUANTITY]->(Q:Quantity)

WHERE type.name CONTAINS "SuperU" //work with a single string but not multiple

Any other advise in optimizing this query would be greatly appreciated as well.

Here is the schema of the nodes of interest:

gq16_0-1654901505752.png

Try this:

WHERE type.name CONTAINS ("SuperU") OR type.name CONTAINS ("UAN") OR type.name CONTAINS ("Urea")

Try the following, it uses the list predicate 'any' to achieve what you want:

WITH ["SuperU", "UAN", "Urea"] as types
MATCH (type:ProductType)
WHERE any (i in types where i = type.name ) 
MATCH (type)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT_TYPE]-(:Product)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT]-(:ProductOrigin)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT_ORIGIN]-(c:OrderLine)-[hq:HAS_QUANTITY]->(Q:Quantity)

It would seem that you may have multiple paths for each product name, so do you want to sum the quantity per product name.

MATCH (type)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT_TYPE]-(:Product)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT]-(:ProductOrigin)<-[:HAS_PRODUCT_ORIGIN]-(c:OrderLine)-[hq:HAS_QUANTITY]->(Q:Quantity)
RETURN type.name AS ProductType, sum(Q.quantity) AS TotalQuantity

Try this:

WHERE type.name CONTAINS ("SuperU") OR type.name CONTAINS ("UAN") OR type.name CONTAINS ("Urea")

It would seem that you may have multiple paths for each product name, so do you want to sum the quantity per product name.

Try this:

Try this:

Try this:

Try this: