"Wait for downloading of snapshot to start" after adding a new server to an existing cluster

I deployed a cluster with one server, created a database and filled it with data. After that, I tried to add a new server to this existing cluster by following the steps from the documentation. When I run neo4j on the second server, I get the following message: "Wait for the snapshot download to start" and nothing else. I thought that the second server should automatically synchronize with the first server. What should I do to make the second server work well and receive these snapshots?

Are you sure you correctly configured your neo4j instance on the second server? If you followed the documentation you should enable the second server. What is the result of the show servers command in your neo4j browser?

Both servers were enabled and available. The first one hosted two default databases neo4j and system and one custom database which I created. The second one hosted only system database.

I made a lot of changes in neo4j.conf in both servers and rolled back this changes. I changed my custom database topology to two primaries instead one. After several restarts of my neo4j cluster I received the message "Wait for the snapshot download to start" on both servers and now I can't connect to neo4j browser as my servers are trying to start, so when I try to connect I get the message 'connection refused'. So, it looks like I've made the situation worse :sweat_smile: