Using bookmarks to chain transactions in standalone mode

Is there any mechanism to chain transactions when neo4j is in standalone mode. There’s a mechanism called causal chaining but that only works when neo4j is setup as a causal cluster, as per the documentation.
My requirement is to keep the transaction alive across multiple REST requests with a defined timeout.

What version of Neo4j are you using?
Are you using a High Availability Cluster and with a load balancer? If so we would recommend enabling sticky session at the load balancer such that you connection remain at the same HA instance for the duration of the connection.
If using REST there is also Reset transaction timeout of an open transaction - HTTP API which will reset the trsnsaction timeout which is defined in conf/neo4j.conf at dbms.transaction.timeout

causal chaining is required in a causal cluster to ensure you can read your own writes since a write only needs to commit on more than 50% of the cluster members for the write to be committed. For example under a 3 member causal cluster you only need 2 of the 3 members to agree to commit for it to be comitted. The remaining 3rd member will eventually get the write

I’m using the MR 4.0 version. In my QA environment I’m not using clustering. Neo4j is setup as standalone. The REST API that I refer to is my webservice that consumes neo4j.

thanks for this detail

My requirement is to keep the transaction alive across multiple REST requests with a defined timeout.

then i suspect this should suffice Reset transaction timeout of an open transaction - HTTP API