Unable to connect RDBMS with Neo4j using JDBC

Hi,

I am planning to migrate data from MySQL to Neo4j. Found that apoc procedure is used for this task. The problem is apoc doesn't have the JDBC option. I am attaching an image below for reference.

I went through few blogs apoc.load.jdbc - APOC Extended Documentation, How do I use Cypher to connect to a RDBMS using JDBC - Knowledge Base, Load JDBC (RDBMS) - APOC Extended Documentation, Neo4j Connection to rdbms - #2 by david_allen and found that I might need a file ["mysql-connector-java-x.x.x.jar"] that I have to download and move it to plugins directory.

The problem is I'm not able to find that file, but I found another jar file in Releases · neo4j-contrib/neo4j-jdbc · GitHub downloaded the 5.0.0 version and moved it to plugins directory restarted Neo4j and still the "jdbc" is not showing up for me under apoc procedures, attaching the image below for reference.

What am I missing here. I'm on Ubuntu 22.04 using Neo4j Desktop app.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, thank you for your reply. But I don't have apoc.load.driver either.

Check the apoc jar in your plug-in. They recently split apoc into two jars - a core and extended. The jdbc procedure is in the extended jar.

1 Like