Sorting and filtering with hops

• neo4j version -4.0.11 browser version

I am looking here at how to apply sorting and filtering on traversed graph data faster.
using hops based on the page number increases for managing the performance.
But if I want to apply sorting that has to be done at full * level, But this is impacting the performance.
There any way to achieve sorting without hops with less response time, with pagination .?

match p=(coach)-[:SPONSORS*..6]->(child)

Hi @ganeshbdas1 !

I should admit that I don't follow you explanation that much. Can you add more complete queries that you executing with poor perfomance? It can also be good having the Profile/Explain of those queries.

H

match (coach:Customer{MID:"200"}) with coach,coach.gen as coachHier
where all (x IN nodes(p) WHERE x.gen >= coachHier and x.gen <= (coachHier + rankID))
with coachHier,plusOne, collect(distinct child) as c1
with coachHier, c1 + collect(distinct child2) as allChildren unwind allChildren as child
with coachHier, child order by child.createddate desc
return child.MID

need to traverse till 15 hops some time. so one customer may return max 1 M records in his full set downlines. taking more than 30 sec. latest we need to bring back to 10 sec for the first 10 records.

@Bennu . Please let me know if you need any further input.

Hi @ganeshbdas1 ,

Looks like a pretty interesting problem. Can you share the entire profile and query executed?

H

i am not sure if its part of GDS libraries, but it has shortest path algorithms.
Can these algorithms short top n shortest path? (with restriction of number of hops using [*5]