Problem when using Neo4j Desktop's built-in DBs

So I have both the community server and the desktop app installed. The community server is installed (unzipped) in:
'C:\DevTools\neo4j-community-5.5.0';
And the desktop app is installed in the default folder and has the internal DBs in the default path too:
'C:\Users\xxx.Neo4jDesktop\relate-data\dbmss\xxxxxxxx'

When I try to start any DB via the desktop app, it always starts the community server rather than its built-in DB. It is clear via the log:

Directories in use:
home: C:\DevTools\neo4j-community-5.5.0
config: C:\DevTools\neo4j-community-5.5.0\conf
logs: C:\DevTools\neo4j-community-5.5.0\logs
plugins: C:\DevTools\neo4j-community-5.5.0\plugins
import: C:\DevTools\neo4j-community-5.5.0\import
data: C:\DevTools\neo4j-community-5.5.0\data
certificates: C:\DevTools\neo4j-community-5.5.0\certificates
licenses: C:\DevTools\neo4j-community-5.5.0\licenses
run: C:\DevTools\neo4j-community-5.5.0\run
Starting Neo4j.

When I try to create and start a new DB, while the new DB is indeed created in the default path (i.e. '.Neo4jDesktop\relate-data\dbmss\xxxxxxxx'), it actually starts the same (old) one in the community server. Does anyone know what causes this problem, and how do I fix it?

Hello @jc.chen0619,

Welcome to the Neo4j Community.

When you installed Neo4j Desktop did you use defaults for the location of the data?
That is, do not specify a location for the data.

Can you uninstall Neo4j Desktop and reinstall making sure the default data location is used?

Yes, I used the default setting to install the app and store the data. I also tried reinstalling the desktop app, but it didn't fix the problem. It also seems to have nothing to do with the system environment setting. I tried to set the NEO4J_HOME path to the desktop's built-in DBs folder, but it didn't make any difference.

If you have NEO4J_HOME set as a system environment variable can you unset it and make sure that all processes on your system are restarted (restart Neo4j Desktop)

It seems worked, thanks for the help!

I removed the sys environment variable, and also deleted the community server folder, and then it works this time. I am not sure which one solved this problem though, maybe all of them.