We are an early stage, venture backed AI startup, formed with the mission of bringing AI technology directly to users with beautiful, human-centered design, and to build products that enable our users to accomplish more while maintaining a strong respect for user privacy. We hope to create a kinder, more human world with what we build – and our name reflects that. XOKind is an AI company, but it has kindness firmly at its heart. We strive to build an eXtra-Ordinary Kind of product (XOKind!), and we are launching our first product in the travel and leisure space.
We’re passionate travelers, scientists, product managers and engineers with a track record of using AI to power the next generation of applications and building successful companies. We are building a company culture of mutual respect, diversity of thought, performance excellence, and immense drive to achieve our mission.
We know travel is going to be back in a big way in 2021 and we’ve been incubating an amazing new tool for people to better plan their trips. Join us to help continue building the product that people will love for their travel.
As a Machine Learning Engineer/Data Scientist intern, your primary responsibilities will be to design, develop and deploy ML models to enable capabilities of our product, understand user preferences and delight users with intelligent algorithms. You will enjoy the challenge and the opportunity to translate the use case to a data and modeling strategy, bring your expertise in AI to solve a problem creatively. You will also collaborate closely with a team of AI experts, software and platform experts, a designer, and a product manager to build the product. There is potential for you to influence and be involved with all aspects of the company’s activities and help shape its overall future.
- Bring creative problem solving to company’s technology and product development
- Develop, deploy and optimize machine learning models to enable product capabilities and improve user experience
- Develop data collection strategy, apply state-of-the-art or develop unique AI models (computer vision, natural language processing, knowledge graph etc) for information and knowledge extraction. In particular, we are planning to work on a Neo4j related project for the summer.
- Build, test and improve recommendation algorithms to surface the most relevant information and options for users
- Build, test and improve optimization and planning algorithms for the use case
- Integrate the models with various data source APIs and the backend infrastructure
- Work in close partnership with Product, Engineering and Design functions to actively and continuously identify opportunities to leverage Machine Learning to drive user engagement, understand user behavior and apply AI to delight users
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or PhD Degree in a quantitative field such as Machine Learning /AI, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
- Familiar with latest AI research and data science advances
- Familiar with Python, ML cloud services, and various DL frameworks and ML packages
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong partnership and collaboration skills
- Able to work full time hours for at least 12 weeks in the Pacific Timezone
Please email your resume (and ideally a github link) to: email@example.com. Download and try our app to have a better idea how AI is powering travel. It is now available on both the App Store http://ow.ly/BUAN50DAXtT and Google Play Store http://ow.ly/jZUy50DAXsL