Neo4j for Automobile Engineering Processes

Hello All,

Just as a background, my name is Shramana Thakur and I work as a student assistant for a research group at Fraunhofer SCAI (Germany) that develops analytics tools for various Automobile companies. A major problem is that the entire product development process (including database formats, file formats, files pertaining to the engineering-know how of the processes) are different across different companies. We would like to develop a simple prototype using Neo4j to show that a graph database can be useful for modelling various aspects of the engineering process (especially to model dependencies and relationships) and to bring about a standardization in these processes across various companies (easier said than done!).

What I have managed so far (in a broad sense):
Representing an entire set of 3D Car models (in a particular development tree) as a collection of nodes, with information about connections and other features as node properties.

What I need to know:
For anyone with any ideas/expertise in this domain, what possible use-cases can be implemented with this database (rather what kinds of analytics and knowledge mining could be done)? I have a few ideas (like anomaly detection in a new model), but would be open to newer ideas and opinions. It would be of great help to demonstrate the feasibility of using graph databases for automobile engineering.

Looking forward to your ideas!