Neo4j Desktop problem

I recently download Neo4j Desktop version 1.5.7 with Windows 10, the Neo4j desktop application was opened but I can't start a database project so I can't do anything. It sent that I need to see logs. I really appreciate any help you can provide. I need it seriously for work.

Please include the logs in the chat.

Looks like you data folder is on your oneDrive. Can you go to that folder?

It is in OneDrive / Bureau.

let's see if you can start the server. Open and cmd window and navigate to the project-b9b... folder. Then execute 'bin\neo4j start' to see if the server can be started.

When I open projects I don't find the project b9b... the folder is empty

Well, that is the problem, but how did that happen? Have you tried installing it on your local drive instead of OneDrive? Maybe the permissions are not satisfactory.

No, I didn't try with it, but I will remove it and Try.

1 Like

I installed Neo4j Desktop 1.5.8 on Windows 10 Pro, "Movie DBMS" was created but couldn't start, after 8 hours of searching, I figure out that Powershell 5.1 didn't allow Neo4j server to run, so here what I did to run it successfully:
1- Install Java JDK.
2- Click ( Windows button + R ).
3- Write "gpedit.msc" and click Enter.
4- Goto "Administrative templates > Windows components > Windows PowerShell > Activate scripts execution".
5- At this property activate the script execution, I selected "Allow all scripts", !it's not good for security!, you can try other options.
6- Restart Neo4j Desktop.

These steps can help someone who has same issue.