I have been using neo4j for several years now - mostly with spring-data-neo4j and for all kinds of applications - but always thought that editing the actual data in the nodes and relationships was very clumsy (writing cypher queries in the neo4j browser).
That's why I developed "neo4j Explorer" a couple years back and I just completely rewrote the entire thing from scratch in React so there is no longer any need for an app server or even any server-side scripting. You just unpack it into the document root of your web server and you are good to go!
Here are some feature highlights:
- View nodes and relationships and all of their data
- Create/Edit/Delete labels and properties of nodes and relationships
- Create and delete relationships
- Use and convert between all the datatypes of neo4j including temporal and spatial types as well as arrays *)
- It comes with a handy built in calculator for numerical values to evaluate Javacript and Cypher and a full-screen multi-line text editor for large text values *)
- You get a complete undo history for all operations (!) including label and property changes of nodes and relations and even node and relationship deletion! *)
- You also get a handy query history and bookmarks for editor setups you need frequently *)
Preferences to set your favorite labels and properties to keep a clear view on your data *)
*) NEW in neo4j Explorer 2
BTW the UNDO feature has alread come in very handy and saved my a** (on a production DB of a customer!) in the short time I have been developing and using v2
I also made the responsive UI work on all devices and form factors (the old version was really only usable on desktops). I am still fine-tuning things while more and more people start using it and if you also give it a try, I really appreciate your feedback, bugreports and feature requests! THX!
Check out neo4j Explorer 2 here: https://netbizltd.com/neo4j
I also added some details, video-snippets and tips that might come in handy to get started quickly and I am planning on collecting FAQ on the page.
Some other features I have on my own wish list:
- Filter relationships by property
- Open shortest path
- Clone node
- (Some sort of) Cypher export possibility
Hope you enjoy this tool,