Monitoring tool for neo4j community

I have installed promtheus to monitor neo4j community .

Please help me to get transaction details .

1 Like

Metrics plugin Metrics - Operations Manual is enterprise only.

1 Like

You can use Halin for monitoring a community instance

1 Like

Thanks Michael , I am trying to install halin for neo4j- community .
Please help me as i don't have neo4j desktop .

Just follow the instructions in the readme, you don't need to install it

Just go to: halin.graphapp.io

1 Like

Hi Michael ,

I am getting this error .

Error

Neo4jError: WebSocket connection failure. Due to security constraints in your web browser, the reason for the failure is not available to this Neo4j Driver. Please use your browsers development console to determine the root cause of the failure. Common reasons include the database being unavailable, using the wrong connection URL or temporary network problems. If you have enabled encryption, ensure your browser is configured to trust the certificate Neo4j is configured to use. WebSocket readyState is: 3

Error

SecurityError: Failed to construct 'WebSocket': An insecure WebSocket connection may not be initiated from a page loaded over HTTPS.

Troubleshooting this connection error

Unfortunately, no troubleshooting is available for this particular error. Consider checking the Neo4j community site for more information.

For more information, please see Troubleshooting Connection Issues with Neo4j Tools

Did you check the link?
Does regular access with neo4j browser work?

Yes regular access with neo4j browser with port 7474 is working .

And also connecting that browser via Bolt?

Do you use halin.graphapp.io or the desktop app?

Is Desktop perhaps configured in offline mode?

And also connecting that browser via Bolt?

No , I am getting this error

not a WebSocket handshake request: missing upgrade

I am using halin.graphapp.io

When I am Connecting to halin.graphapp.io . I am geeting below error .

Error

SecurityError: Failed to construct 'WebSocket': An insecure WebSocket connection may not be initiated from a page loaded over HTTPS.

Please help me to resolve this .

Please paste exactly the URL you're entering into the connection box. You should probably just be using a regular hostname. Ensure that http and https doesn't occur, nor a port, in the "host" field you're putting into halin.

The error you are seeing means that the browser is failing rather than halin - you should be connecting to port 7687 with halin, and not 7474, this may be the issue.

Hi David ,

Thanks My Issue got resolve .

But I want to know if I want to check for the past date .how I will check .

1 Like

I'm sorry I really don't understand the question. What do you want to check?

Currently I can see the graph of 5 -10 min .
I want to see the graph of last 7 day Or last one month .

This is not possible at the moment. Halin polls the data from neo4j as it goes, and so I imposed a smaller time window to prevent blowing up your browser by not accumulating so much data into it.

if you want something like 7 days or a month, you should use an external monitoring solution such as datadog, stackdriver, grafana, or a similar product. Rather than getting metrics into your browser, they should be pushed to a third-party service where the metrics are stored in a specialized timeseries database, and then you can set up alerts and so on.

Halin is not intended for this purpose

1 Like