M2.neo4j.org repository returning 500 errors

I have a project that depends on the neo4j-rest-graphdb artifact hosted in the m2.neo4j.org Nexus repository. That repository is returning 500 errors to requests for artifacts. Please have someone have a look, as it's breaking my build. Thanks!

What artifacts are you looking for exactly?

Thanks for the reply.

The artifact is org.neo4j.neo4j-rest-graphdb version 1.9. This is for a legacy project running an old version of neo4j, but I don't have the resources to update it. I noticed that some artifacts such as neo4j-kernel version 1.9 are available in the "Maven Central" repository (repo1.maven.org), but I'm not entirely clear on how to get the one I need added to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the entry in my pom file:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.neo4j</groupId>
    <artifactId>neo4j-rest-graphdb</artifactId>
    <version>1.9</version>
</dependency>

m2.neo4j.org has been retired. neo4j-rest-graphdb had some dependencies disallowing us to deliver it to maven central, therefore it used to live in a custom repo. Not that neo4j-rest-graphdb has not seen any updates for > 5 years and I strongly discourage anyone to use it.

However if you still want to use it I recommend to clone GitHub - neo4j-contrib/java-rest-binding: Java Bindings for the Neo4J Server REST API, providing an implementation of GraphDatabaseService, check out the matching branch/tag and build it yourself and deploy it to your local maven repo via mvn install.

OK, well thanks for the help. Maybe one day I'll get around to moving off of it.

I'm pretty new to this, and the software that I'm maintaining is dependent on the neo4j-rest-graphdb library. If I want to move away from this dependency what would y'all recommend that we move toward using as an alternative? I can't compile my code currently, and if this library is going to be a problem, I should just go through and remove this dependency to something more recent.

Here's my entry in my pom file:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.neo4j</groupId>
  <artifactId>neo4j-rest-graphdb</artifactId>
  <version>1.8</version>
</dependency>

What should my pom file contain instead?

Thanks!

See above, the easiest way is to clone the repo and use mvn install to put it into our local m2 repo.

If your software is depending on the old and abondoned library you should really update to a more recent architecture asap.

I have cloned the repo, and am getting that working at the moment, the real question I had was do you have a link or resource to point me in the right direction to update to the most recent architecture?

State of the art is just using the bolt drivers: https://neo4j.com/docs/driver-manual/current/