Jesse Hemingway

Howdy y'all. I'm a Neo4j apprentice, serving as would-be journeyman to other apprentices. Mostly I have questions, but I'm happy to help for desperate answers around things I've done before.

3 Likes

Welcome Jesse,

where are you located? And what areas are you interested in?

1 Like

Thanks, Michael,

I'm working for a startup based on Minneapolis, MN, US. Right now, my primary focus is using Neo4j via Spring Data. We're not doing very sophisticated graph stuff yet, but hoping to get there. Eventually, my focus may shift more towards dev-ops – running Neo4j HA in something like Kubernetes.

1 Like

Hey, Jesse!!!!!
Have you met @eric.spiegelberg yet? He runs the local Neo4j meetup. Also, @mckenzma goes out there pretty often too.

Hi Jesse,
Nice to meet you. I travel back to Minneapolis for work every so often. I hope your Neo4j journey is going well. I moved to DC from Minneapolis last year so I am pretty familiar with that area.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been meaning to check out the Neo4j meetup. Nice to meet you, Mr. McKenzie. I'll keep an eye out for interesting upcoming meetups. I'm a technology generalist, not a big data maven. We've yet to run into more advanced use cases for big graph analysis, but fingers remain crossed! My cases have involved modeling social graphs and running the pedestrian affairs that any relational DB might also accomplish, albeit far more elegantly.

We're also working with self-sovereign identity, a new field that has very specialized demands about what we can and cannot store in a "normal" database, versus Shamir sharding and decentralized key management. We're still working to determine the extent of the limitations this may impose on our ability to ask deeper questions of our data, or impose challenging batching schemes where certain data may only be unpacked and processed in memory. I hope to blog about this when we have established some new benchmarks for these types of applications!

1 Like

Hello Jesse, nice to (e-)meet you!

I too am located in Minneapolis. I've been working with graphs and Neo4j for about 3-4 years and have been with GraphAware for a bit under 2. As Karin mentioned, on behalf of GraphAware I organize the Minneapolis Neo4j User Group (Minneapolis Neo4j User Group | Meetup) and, as luck would have it, we're hosting a meetup this coming Tuesday, 9/11, with the details available from Login to Meetup | Meetup. Please feel free to join and/or attend if you can make it!

Given that we're both in Minneapolis, it would be great to catch up in person some time. Interested in all things graphs, I'd love to hear about your project and perhaps offer any advice or experience I've gained from my own graph adventures. Please let me know if you're interested and we can get something set up.

Thanks,
Eric

3 Likes

Thanks Eric, I have previous engagement that night, but I'll try to make it work, or another one soon. Otherwise, yes would be eager to meet up in some form - I'll DM my coordinates.