Issue with Setting Up Neo4j Enterprise Edition via Cloud Formation Template

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing a challenge while trying to set up the Neo4j Enterprise Edition using the Cloud Formation Template. Despite numerous attempts and different configurations, the setup of the Neo4jAutoScalingGroup consistently fails.

The error message displayed is:

• Neo4jAutoScalingGroup - CREATE_IN_PROGRESS - Resource creation Initiated
  • Neo4jAutoScalingGroup - UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS - Failed to receive 3 resource signal(s) for the current batch. Each resource signal timeout is counted as a FAILURE.
  • Neo4jAutoScalingGroup - CREATE_FAILED - Received 0 SUCCESS signal(s) out of 3. Unable to satisfy 100% MinSuccessfulInstancesPercent requirement
  • KiaB-Neo4j - ROLLBACK_IN_PROGRESS - The following resource(s) failed to create: [Neo4jAutoScalingGroup]. Rollback requested by user.

Here are the used configurations:

• Bloom License Key: None
  • Core Instance Count: 3
  • Disk Size: 100
  • Graph Data Science License Key: -
  • Install Bloom: No
  • Install Graph Data Science: No
  • Instance Type: t3.medium
  • Password: <30 Characters of numbers, letters, and special characters>
  • Read Replica Count: 0
  • SSHCIDR: 0.0.0.0/0

The rest of the settings are left at their default values. We've tried using both neo4j v4 and v5, but the issue persists. I also tried to increase the timeout time for the autoscaling group in the template but that does not help either.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any suggestions on how to resolve it? Or has an idea how I can try to solve that problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @till.hoffmann

I just tried deploying V5 Neo4j via AWS Marketplace Neo4j Enterprise Edition listing and it came up just fine.

I tried with the same parameters as posted by you.

Attaching screenshots of the same.