Is Desktop Update 1.3.8 safe?

Hi,

The two previous updates for the desktop were pulled and we were advised to revert to 1.3.4 (which I did).

How safe/well tested is the 1.3.8 update? Also where can I find the change log?

Andy

Hi Andy,

We've been progressively rolling out Neo4j Desktop 1.3.8 this week. Our integration testing has widened considerably to catch all the scenarios which have been brought to our attention that have required rolling back to 1.3.4. As we roll out, we also monitor error reports collected using Sentry. Things have looked good.

Unfortunately, we don't have a changelog available for review, just the release notes included in the update. We are preparing to make the source code repository for Neo4j Desktop publicly visible. As part of that exercise we'll begin to make detailed changelogs available.

I appreciate your hesitance about updating, and apologize for the recent issues that have eroded confidence. We're working hard to regain a high level of quality assurance.

Best,
Andreas

@abk, I came looking for news about this today because today my Neo4j Desktop app updated to 1.3.8 and wasn't able to start again because of a JVM flag.

From my neo4j.log

Unrecognized VM option 'PrintGCDateStamps'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

So, I'm back to 1.3.4 for a little while.

BTW, is Desktop supposed to be updating automatically or have I checked a settings box somewhere? I'd rather the update only happen when I know it's safe. (I should probably move this particular db to a server anyway, but I've been too lazy :)